Skip to main content

One minute paper - Unit 3 - post 7


Information Systems cut across all dimensions of our lives today(Boddy et al., 2009). Plenty of research has been carried out and presented in this course on how Information Systems affect the way plan and execute strategy and business operations e.g. in Financial Services, I have found that it is a very important skillset to have. Information Systems is used every day, from the use of social media for marketing e.g. Facebook to undertaking research on any topic. Information systems are now pretty much mandatory in the business world and will help everyone be more successful and efficient in running their affairs. Information systems, for example, has helped me access and contribute knowledge at a global level using the internet. This would have been impossible without this technology. Information technologies have helped humanity re-discover itself and reinterpret its vision of itself which has unleashed an entire generation of society that can communicate and collaborate at a speed never seen before (Daley-Harris and Awimbo, 2011).
            For my first search, I looked up “Marketing and Information Systems in digital financial services.”  With this, I found something called Marketing Information Systems. This is a system in which marketing information is stored, gathered, and analyzed. After this, it is distributed to managers who can use the information to improve their business. Information technology can be used to improve several aspects of Marketing. It allows for the display of ads on the internet, improves audience targeting, and improves product recommendation. Information technology is very useful when it comes to marketing, and helps make the job easier.
            Another website in the same search further proved that Information Technologies has revolutionized marketing. It talks about how social media can be used as an effective marketing tool. Information systems are also very important in marketing because it makes communication with customers a lot easier. This is very important because customer relationship management is a key component to marketing and business development. If people enjoy the services they got, then they are more likely to return. If you gain loyal customers then you will increase return customers, therefore, increasing sales. Having an effective customer service website and having an easily accessible website makes a huge difference.
            Knowing how to use computers and the internet is clearly very important in the business world today. That is why this class is important because people need to become more proficient with technology


References

Daley-Harris, S. and Awimbo, A. (2011) New pathways out of poverty. 1st ed. edn. Sterling, Va.: Sterling, Va. : Kumarian Press.

DECLARATION OF ORIGINALITY

I affirm that the attached work is entirely my own, except where the words or ideas of other writers are specifically acknowledged according to accepted citation conventions. This assignment has not been submitted for any other course at Robert Kennedy College or any other institution. I have revised, edited and proofread this paper. I certify that I am the author of this paper and that any assistance I received in its preparation is fully acknowledged and fully disclosed in this paper (examination). I have also cited any sources from which I used data, ideas, theories, or words, whether quoted directly or paraphrased. I further acknowledge that this paper has been prepared by myself specifically for this course.


Comments